Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Proposal



Well, everything starts with a proposal...

It was Friday October 23, 2009, on our 10th anniversary,unlike past years nothing much we could do to celebrate since we were far apart. Thus, we decided to be less extravagant this year, just stayed home and "skyping" . No flowers, no romantic dinner, no hugs, no kiss as I used to get every year and it was our first time not to celebrate our anniversary together. It all begins on our anniversary eve while I am on my way back home after work, I received a call from him telling me how sorry he is for not able to celebrate our 10th anniversary together. I was a little bummed but I told him that's fine. As usual, he asked me to wait him come back after work at 7pm and "skyping". (which is actually 11pm Malaysia time).


So the night, once I reached home I turned on my notebook & started waiting for him..

1 hour passed…
2 hours passed…
3 hours passed…


It's 11pm but no online sign from him. Strangely I didn’t feel upset at all but in fact I started to worry about him. I then tried to call him, but couldn't get through his number. My heart beating so fast as if anything might happened to him. I mingled around my tiny hut, crying alone in my own, thinking of how to get through him. Darling, where are you?:(


All of sudden, the skype call rang!! It was truly breaking the silent night. The “blink blink” sign of his name was really gave me an immediate joy! I was so glad to see he's safely home. At that moment, I just couldn’t help myself; my eyes started welling with tears. I told him how much I hate him for letting me waiting & worrying. I hate him! We started to chat: we talked and laughed pretending that we were sitting in a restaurant together with candle light having our romantic dinner. Of course, deep inside we feel sorry for not able to celebrate the day together but we tried to get that off our mind and enjoy the day as much as we could. Initially the conversation goes as normal as it used to, but suddenly I felt awkward when he started to talks in the way of more (and more) romantic and he kept talking without letting me to interrupt.


To make it short, here are some of his sentences that is always fresh in my mind;

“Babe, we’ve been in love for a decade long and it’s been an amazing and unbelievable journey we had together. Thank you so much for your constant love and special way of caring for the past years. I sincerely appreciate all that you done for me. I enjoy every second of our time together. In whatever condition good or bad you are there to give me your full support consistently in whatever means. And now I guess it's time for us to move on to the next level….If you do realize the clock now pointing sharp at 12am midnight, and babe I wanted to share my life with you for as long as we live and breathe, so will u marry me?”


My response was..

“Oh Dear…this is not a right time to play such joke” and spontaneous I said,
“No” (with laugh…hahaha).
“I am not joking, I am shaking here. Will you marry me, Babe?"
I looked at him in disbelief and said, “What? Are you serious?”

At this moment I know that he really meant it by the look at his face, but I still kept asking if he is being serious. Within few seconds,it brings tears to my eyes and again he asked me for the third time and this time I finally said, “I’ve been waiting for this moment to come for so long, and the answer is definitely YES!!!”

Finally, he got a big smile. It's a precious moment in our relationship especially when it happened on our anniversary and yet the best anniversary gift I've ever received from him and it came miles away from Abu Dhabi (Thanks to Skype!!!) And now here we are, together hand in hand we gonna start another new chapter of live, not only as husband & wife but as best friend, partner, companion, teammate and soul mate. When I posted this, We are actually married. Yeah..Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Muslim convert, is it hard?

I was called to write this post. It's sad to know some of my fellow friends got bullied for something they are not aware of..I am sharin...