Tuesday, October 12, 2010

There is no Israel! Bravo!

Looking at this video it reminds me during my teaching time in Shichida back in year 2006. As a fresh graduate at that time, to be honest I always have doubt with what Shichida able to do for just an hour lesson per week, plus no need to say la with the pricey lesson fee, I really doubt why so many parents really willing to spend their money on this program. Is Malaysian getting more Kiasu now? LOL~

Well, that's my old-school thought la... After time goes by, I started to experienced amazing moments happened almost everyday while I was teaching. Imagine a 2 years old baby able to arrange 50 pictures based on the storyline given, and looking at how they could memorise the name of each car's models, I was impressed (speechless). I believed in one thing is that Genius is not only because of God's will, but it can be created! I wonder why some of us still tend to be so paranoid & reluctant to give more activities to the toddlers. One might think it would pressure the kids. To certain extend, I agreed. But whether it is pressuring or not, it is depends on how one see and judge the things. If you see it as you need to force the kids to learn, then of course it will be real damage to them. Why don't see it as a way of communicating with your toddlers? In other perspective, we are able to spend more time with our children. Ain't that benefitial to both parties?

Don't get me wrong. Giving education to your kids doesn't mean you need to enroll them to any enrichment programs. That's bullshit! Nobody need that formally, to become a genius. It can be in any forms. Easy to say, steal your 1 hour time everyday (when you actually use to online shopping or busy kepoh-ing who & whose daugther's bf is richer ..bla bla..) to flash cards to your toddlers or maybe read storybooks with them. Susah meh...?

Lives has changed, the era has changed, the mindset should be changed as well bah..

I am yet a mother or parent on my own. Perhaps I have no rights to talk on behalf of those real parents...:) But from the educator's point of view, no harm to give as much input to your toddlers. Kids grow as flash. If today you neglect their development, you might missed it for the rest of your life. Think about it.

2 comments:

  1. hahha..nice post!!Agree w you!! Parents is far more better than a teacher for a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah u r right choi hsia...every parent busy with what programs that are hot in market now but they never see themselves as the best educator for their own kids. What they need to sacrify is just the time...but will they?hahaha

    ReplyDelete

A Muslim convert, is it hard?

I was called to write this post. It's sad to know some of my fellow friends got bullied for something they are not aware of..I am sharin...