Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Brainy Bunch lousy? Betul ke?

Hey yaaa...

Few more days to a brand new year. Nah..no resolution that's bullshit. I don't resolute by end of the year cause my focus is to get my year-end bonus and shopping!😂

Anyway I came across a blog today about a mom who complained about Brainy Bunch. To summarize her story, she sent her son to the center and dissatisfied with many things. As a mother who fully rely on kindergarten/daycare during my working hours, I have something to share about this.

Dear mommy,
As you mentioned in your blog, you wanted your son to be exposed with Islamic teaching since young age so you chose Brainy Bunch. After 4 months, you then think....

1. The school fee is too expensive but your child learn nothing
2.  You found out Brainy Bunch is like makan duit. Suda lagi mahal then a lot of hidden cost.
3. Go school trip also need to pay
4. The school like to cuti. Even public holiday also the school cuti
5. Extra ko-k such as Bengkel solat also need to pay
6. School held party, why ask parents bring food? No need money ke buy food?
7. School concert also need to pay for the kid's costume
8. 4 months at the school, doa makan pun tak abis

I did not send my kid to Brainy Bunch so it is not fair for me to evaluate them based on other's judgement and I do not want to judge others and I believe every parents may have different expectations. However, there are few things I think all parents need to bear in mind before enrolling their children to playschool/kindergarten especially those well-known with "pricey".

1. The school fee is too expensive but your child learn nothing.   
Yes, it is expensive but dear mommy, your son don't learn overnight. 4 months is too early to  comment about a child's progress. You maybe expecting your child to recite a-lif-ba-ta on his first    week so that it worth every penny you spent, but don't you forget he is learning to socialize and be    independent when away from you. That's also a development progress and wouldn't you think    your son and his teachers deserved an applause for both their efforts? (you don't give I give, nahhhhh) 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

2.  You then found out Brainy Bunch is like makan duit. Suda lagi mahal then a lot of hidden cost.    
 I won't deny this. No, I am not saying Brainy Bunch makan duit but it is common for most of the     well known & expensive kindergarten to have extra activities that need parents to fork out     extra money. Honestly if you are not ready for this, you will be unnecessary stressed up so better     opt for another schools. To all new parents out there, be prepared as there will definitely extra cost     that some kindergarten may not mention earlier. I don't call it hidden cost la, they are more like     optional activities cost. I don't think the center would force you to join if you don't think it is     necessary for your child.

3. Go school trip also need to pay       
Amoi, you go holiday also need to spend money right?

4. The school like to cuti. Even public holiday also the school cuti    
Teachers also employee just like you, takkan you boleh cuti on public holidays but not    the teachers kan. Teachers also need a break mah come on.

5. Extra ko-k such as Bengkel solat also need to pay    
I am pretty sure they won't force if you not keen.

6. School held party, why ask parents bring food? No need money ke buy those food?   
 Again, not sure bout Brainy Bunch but as I know ini they suggest parents to provide but tak paksa    pun. Btw, anak you makan food yg mak org provide juga kan? hehe 

7. School concert also need to pay for the kid's costume    
Once a year saja sayang, can't we see this as a sweet memory as the amount you pay not just for    the costume but food and concert CD for parents to keep.

8. 4 months at the school, doa makan pun tak abis
Anak I 1 year in Chinese school, baru pandai 5 ayat chinese. 😝

Oh I know I may sound against this mommy but please I am just sharing if you choose to enroll your child in those famous and expensive kindergarten/playschool, be prepared with the extra cost and please don't value the amount you pay with how much your child would learn. Called me a fussy mom but I have been visiting many (too many frankly) kindergarten/childcare before deciding to enroll my child to one. Maybe not the best to others, but it matches all the requirements my child needed for his development.

Lesson of the day: Do your own research and visit those center, ask questions to avoid misinterpretation. What matches your child's needs are what you should put your concern to, not glamorous and expensive fee. OK, Bye!🙈

2 comments:

  1. betul la jesse. 4 months is to early for us to judge. I have been sending zuyyin to brainy bunch for 3 years, to be honest in the 1st 2 years i cuma nampak progress dia more to social skills sahaja and of course doa doa a bit. Tapi masa the 3rd yr, zuyyin progressed semua. dari tak tahu baca boleh baca, dari tak tau apa semua tahu. So i think it is all depends on your child too... and how kita jugak bantu ajar dekat rumah walaupun 10 minit masa yg kita ada dgn dia. Yg extra2 tu i pun setuju dgn u cakap, when we send our kids to private kena bear in mind laa all the cost mentioned need to be add on. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah babe, jgn kan 4 mths sometimes maybe 1 year pun cuma social time only don't seems any much improvements. But again mcm u ckp la so depending on kids jg kan..some kids kalau mmg jenis suka belajar cepat je pandai but if jenis easy2 suka main maybe not so outstanding but that's doesn't mean they totally learn nothing. Bagi I, book smart is secondary. Being able to mold their characters to know how to respect, be polite, have manners to others are way way important than being perfect academically. Biasa la babe, some ingat put in private so expensive then assumed semua 'pow' in the fee. Nama pun private mana ada gov fund so parents kena fund la kekeke

      Delete

A Muslim convert, is it hard?

I was called to write this post. It's sad to know some of my fellow friends got bullied for something they are not aware of..I am sharin...