Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Root!

I am proudly present.....something that able to make my life suck without them!:D


This is what Sabahan called as "Tulob-ulob". Tulod-ulod is a type of fruit that has very sour taste. Well My mum cooked this with belacan ( locally made shrimp paste) & some tamarind to spice up the taste! It tasted incredibly yummy when eat with just plain rice!


Am not sure if this one has its special name, but this is one of my favourite sabah food. It is "Gosin" (salted fish) cook with "Lada putih" ( not the white pepper, but white chillies). You really can’t find this type of chillies in any part of the world not even in KL. You can only find this heavenly food in Sabah, My lovely hometown! I am SERIOUS! hahahhaa


OK!This is my all time favourite! I forgot about what "NO APPETITE" mean when I see this food! I am always craving for it! Well, In Sabah we called it as "mampalam", same species with mango. It tasted super sour & superb when mix with some dried shrimp or "ikan bilis" (dried anchovies)!


This is what I call as SIMPLY HAPPINESS! Gorgeous food that were flown all the way from Sabah together with my mama's love...This is why I love Sabah so much. Definitely because of the food & I am proud to be a Sino baby, simply because I love my Mama..This is what I belong to! Thank you mama for the wonderful delivery!Love ya! MuaXxxxxx!

2 comments:

A Muslim convert, is it hard?

I was called to write this post. It's sad to know some of my fellow friends got bullied for something they are not aware of..I am sharin...